The Sea and Mental Health




looking at all my mood board I think the subjects that interest me the most are the sea and the connection between the sea and mental health, while I may at first connected the pollution of the sea and harming of sea creatures to the decline of people's mental health I now want to look more at how going to the coast and being near large bodies of water may improve people's wellbeing and mental health. From my own anecdotal experience when I am near the sea and sat by the coast watching the waves a sense of calm comes over me. 


Just from a quick Google search typing in "sea and mental health" you can find loads of articles about this sense of calm and happiness that comes over people when they are near the sea or large bodies of water. I think it would be a really interesting project to learn more about this feeling that people get and why exactly it happens.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Folk Tales - England

Rising Sea Levels - Flooding Costs

Begining Ideas